recipes. whatever is true. adoption. whatever is just. redemption. whatever is honorable. modesty. whatever is pure. motherhood. whatever is lovely. think about it.

Friday, January 13, 2012

My New Years Resolution is to Gain Six Pounds... More or Less


2/2012 Update: Thank you to everyone that has been such a blessing in helping us to get closer to our financial adoption goals! As you may note on our adoption donation site, our goal has increased to $16,500 as our family continues to save for this adoption. (We have a wonderful grant, but due to restrictions that have come to light, we must raise slightly more than once anticipated). It is fun for us to have a 'thermometer' and watch our savings put toward our newest little member. Again, we thank our family, friends and the body of Christ for stepping forward over the past two months to help! We love you guys!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our New Years resolution is to get bigger this year- by at least six pounds at first and growing from there, more or less. No, I haven't lost my mind. No, McDonald's is not paying us to be in a documentary. Yes, we are adopting!

Over the past two years we have raised, saved, scrimped and begged to add to our $33,500 agency adoption fund. Yes, I said Thirty-three thousand, five-hundred d o l l a r s. Get out the inhaler and put your head between your knees- you'll be fine in a minute... Better now?

Can you spare just $5 for adoption?! If each person can give only five bucks, we could reach our goal!
DONATE HERE NOW!!!


We've sold lemonade to every neighbor child in a 20 mile radius and the trash men know us by our first names because of all the cookies we've sold to them. Yes, my boys freak out when they see "that look" in my eyes and wonder which of their toys I'm going to sell to fill the glass mason jar in the pantry marked Adoption with a black sharpie on the lid.

In all seriousness, the Lord has been gracious and over the past week we have raised an additional $1300 from AMAZING friends, family and complete strangers who have wanted to help us reach our final $10,000 goal!

But you know what? It is going to be TOTALLY worth it. I can't wait. Bring on the diaper changes with those funky new cloth diapers that my husband despises. Bring on the 2am feedings--err, screaming sessions. Bring on the looks from people who don't understand pale peach mommy snuggling little sweet brown baby. Bring.It.On. I love my children and can't wait to see our family growing through the grace of Christ!

 

16 comments:

Kristi said...

Love it and love your hearts . . . It is completely about the souls of those little ones, like you said - showing them the cross and teaching them about how the Lord provided REDEMPTION through it. So glad we can pray for you, cheer you on and pray for you some more. xoxoxo

Jade said...

I was so encouraged when I read your story! God Bless.

Cynthia said...

If I can't give any "stuff" to my children, but I can show them the cross, teach them about sin and repentance and redemption, it was worth it.

Resonated with my own heart's feelings! Glory to God!

Anonymous said...

Praying that it goes well for you!

Jills Home Remedies said...

God bless your adoption journey!

Elizabeth Jane said...

Close friends of ours are in the adoption process right now, I know it is such alot of money to come up with,but it is so neat to watch the different ways God provides.

Jessica H. said...

I pray for God's favor in your adoption process and patience to wait for your sweet bundle of joy!

Anne said...

I LOVE the opening paragraph!!! Praying for you as you pursue adopting the child God has chosen for you!!

monicaandrew said...

loved reading your post! how inspiring! praying so hard for you and your family! :-)

Far Above Rubies said...

Praying for your adoption journey.

Suzanne said...

You have a great perspective on adoption! May the Lord bless your efforts.

Diane said...

Trusting the Lord will provide all you need to complete your adoption!

Wendy said...

God bless your family on this adoption journey. Love your heart!

Unknown said...

May God bless you on your journey! My husband and I are just starting on the path of adoption and are so excited, and over whelmed:) My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Actually, adopting to promote orphan awareness is just the sort of thing Jesus would do.

Whatsoever is Pure said...

Anonymous,

Thank you for stopping by the blog! Just to clarify, I didn't say that promoting orphan awareness was wrong or that it was something that Jesus wouldn't do.

As you can see within the context of the paragraph, I was only saying that the GOSPEL is the central issue that we want to share with our children and our primary reason for adoption. :)

Warmly,

Angelena