Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pour the following into your high speed blender at full speed to make a Flour Base Mixture:
- 1 cup whole oats
- 2 scoops vanilla unsweetened whey powder (Swansons Brand) (About 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Set aside your flour mixture and wipe the drool from your mouth at the excitement of your pending cookie rampage.
In a large bowl, combine well:
- 2 sticks of softened (salted) butter
- 2 eggs (We use fresh farm eggs from our hens)
- 1 1/2 cup of your preferred baking blend sweetener (xylitol, erithytol, truvia, etc.) I used xylitol for this recipe.
- 1/8 tsp black strap molasses
- Splash of vanilla
Then add the following to your wet ingredients:
- 2 cups of your dry mixture (SAVE THE REST FOR ANOTHER TIME)
- a couple shakes of sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- half a bag of Lilly's Dark Chocolate Chips (Sugar Free- they use Stevia). You could use the entire bag, but it costs $7, so I'd rather make it laaaaaaaaaaaaaaast.
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans because I like nuts in my cookies, but that is totally optional.
Scoop your dough onto parchment paper on a cookie sheet. My sheet holds 12 cookies and I was able to make 3 trays. Bake at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Basically, you are looking for them to LOOK like a 'done' cookie.
We didn't let our cookies get hard or sit in the fridge because we were too hungry to eat them. They are pretty soft and will fall apart, but if you stick them in the fridge, they will harden right up.
My boys said that these are the best on-plan (Trim Healthy Mama) cookies that I have ever made in 7 months... trust me, I've tried a LOT. They really resemble the chocolate chip cookie dough that I LOVE to eat raw. And, if you skip the eggs, you could totally just eat the dough!
Enjoy your tasty treats. ;)